• Working Hard
    for Harlow
    and the Villages

    Get in touch with Robert and see how your local Conservative Team is working hard for Harlow, Hastingwood, Matching, Nazeing, Roydon & Sheering.


Congratulations to @halfon4harlowMP for his hard work to bring Public Health England to #Harlow #PartyOfWorkers
@halfon4harlowMP inspiring the children at Moorpark PS. Great to see such support for raising children’s aspirations
Grateful for the support of my MP at the Breast Cancer Now reception
@halfon4harlowMP Excellent example of a constituency-active MP who influences public policy.
@halfon4harlowMP Halfon has been an excellent MP for Harlow – hope he’s reelected
#Harlow has an MP that many are envious of..@halfon4harlowMP is the best MP Harlow has had..don’t let him go
Special thank you to @halfon4harlowMP for presenting Outstander Awards to some of our partners #stemmingthetide
@halfon4harlowMP Cheers, Robert is one of the good guys, really does care about the community
@halfon4harlowMP Watched TV documentary – impressed by your hard work – new follower
Would like 2 say a massive thank you 2 @halfon4harlowMP & his team. A true credit 2 #harlow #essex we will be supporting you all the way


UPDATE: Abellio have clarified that these strikes will not effect Harlow residents directly. Though other Abellio lines are affected, the line through Harlow doesn’t operate with conductors and hasn’t done so for many years. They are driver only operated, so the industrial action has no implications for services to Harlow.

Unfortunately, the RMT union has decided to take strike action which may affect Harlow residents using the Abellio Greater Anglia line into London. I have received the following letter from the Secretary of State for Transport with more details.

I have also been contacted by Abellio who have reassured me of the following:

1) In the event of industrial action by RMT members on those dates, Abellio intend to operate a full, normal service on both days. Their contingency plans are based on all scheduled services operating with no service alterations, as they have trained up additional people to cover the conductors’ roles.

2) They remain keen to talk with the RMT to try and resolve the issues.

3) Abellio value their conductors and have guaranteed their jobs for the entire franchise term to October 2025. Their pay and terms and conditions would not be eroded and they would still be safety-trained. Abellio are just proposing that the drivers open and close doors, so conductors can spend more time assisting and helping passengers.
... See MoreSee Less

View on Facebook

Here are a couple of photos from the opening of the Matching Tye Studios last weekend, a great event! www.matchingtyestudios.co.uk ... See MoreSee Less

View on Facebook

I've received another update from Abellio on strike action to be taken by the RMT Union:

The result of the RMT ballot of conductors working for Greater Anglia was announced yesterday and the conductors have voted in favour of strike action. At this stage no strike dates have been called and we are planning to have more talks with the RMT about the issues involved. We very much we hope we can come to an agreement and avert industrial action.

As outlined below, we have guaranteed the jobs of all of our conductors for the entire duration of our franchise, which runs to October 2025. We value our conductors highly, which is why we are guaranteeing their posts and seeking for them to spend more time helping and assisting our customers. Their pay and terms and conditions would be unaffected by the proposed small change in their duties (which would see the driver opening and closing train doors on all services) and they would continue to be safety-trained and subject to competency assessment, medicals, etc. We will also be recruiting additional conductors, as we are replacing all of our trains with brand new trains from 2019, which will enable us to run more services.

Please note that if were unfortunately to reach a point where industrial action were to take place, our intention would be to run a full, normal service, as we have trained up other people to cover the conductors’ roles on the 40% of services that operate with conductors (which are outlined in the previous email below) and the remaining 60% of services operate as “driver only” services (so there is no conductor cover needed on those services).
... See MoreSee Less

View on Facebook


Bio Robert lives in Harlow, and was first elected Member of Parliament in 2010. He was re-elected in the 2015 General Election and was promoted to Deputy Chairman of the Conservative Party and attended the Cabinet as a Minister without portfolio from until July 2016. In July 2016, Robert was appointed as Minister of State for Higher Education, Skills, Apprenticeships and Careers in the Department of Education by the new Prime Minister, Theresa May. Read More